- 1 large pre-made pizza base
- ½ red capsicum
- 2 cumberland sausages
- a handful of fresh herbs
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- extra virgin olive oil
- chopped fresh chilli or dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 240ºC.
- Top your favourite pizza base with slithers of oven roasted red capsicum, slices of grilled herbed sausage, a good handful of fresh herbs, some chopped garlic and drizzle with good quality extra virgin olive oil.
- For an extra bit of zing, scatter a little chopped fresh chilli or dried chilli flakes before sprinkling the top with mozzarella or any other suitable melting cheese.
- Bake pizza directly onto the rack of a preheated oven for around 5-10 minutes or until the cheese topping has melted and the pizza base is lightly golden.
- 6 Thick Beef or Pork Sausages
- 500g penne pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 700g bottle tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Cook sausages in a frying pan until cooked through. Slice into 1cm pieces
- Cook pasta using directions on the packet
- Heat oil in frying pan, cook onion, capsicums, zucchini, stirring until soft. Add mushrooms and pasta sauce.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes
- Combine the sauce, pasta, sausages and ½ the mozzarella
- Place in a shallow baking dish, sprinkle with remaining cheeses