- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons of chilli flakes or chilli powder
- 6 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice
- 4 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 250g of salad leaves e.g. rocket, baby spinach, mesculan
- Combine the chicken breasts with the chilli flakes or chilli powder, lemon or lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar. Toss well and leave to marinate in the fridge for approx 30 minutes.
- Pan Fry the marinated chicken breasts with the marinade for 4-5 minutes on each side over medium heat or until cooked through. Set aside to cool, and then slice lengthwise.
- Prepare individual plates of salad or one large platter with 250g salad leaves, Lebanese cucumber, handfuls of fresh herbs and a sprinkling of fresh bean sprouts and toasted sesame seeds.
- Lightly drizzle the salad leaves with a dressing of fish sauce, lemon juice and brown sugar (equal quantities of
- 4.5-5kg Turkey
- 500g Streaky Bacon
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Wipe down the inside and outside of your turkey and stuff with your choice of stuffing. Alternatively, request your butcher to stuff the turkey for you.
- Place the turkey in a deep baking dish, preferably on an oiled wire rack, and pour a cup each of white wine and chicken stock into the baking dish
- Arrange strips of streaky bacon. Tuck sprigs of thyme under the bacon.
- Cover the turkey with a layer of baking paper, then a layer of foil.
- Cook you turkey, using the cooking time guideline below
- For the last 30 minutes, remove the foil and bacon from the turkey. Return to the oven and increase temperature to 200°C