- 500 g beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 cup soft white breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- Combine 500g beef mince, chopped onion, grated carrot, an egg, a cup soft white breadcrumbs. Add salt & pepper and mix well.
- Roll into 10-12 balls and toss lightly in plain flour.
- Cook meatballs in a frypan on medium heat for approximately 15 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
Serve with tomato sauce and salad
- 2 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 1 kg chuck steak, cut into 3cm/1” cubes
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup natural yogurt, thick & creamy style
- Place spice seeds in a dry fry pan over moderate heat, cook for a few minutes until the seeds start to pop and spices are fragrant.
- Cool seeds and grind to a fine powder using a mortar and pestle.
- Brown half of the meat pieces in a large heavy based saucepan with 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil, remove and repeat with the remaining meat and oil. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to saucepan and cook for 1 minute, add in freshly ground spices, chili powder and stock, also add in the cooked beef pieces and its juices.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1-1.5 hours.
- Remove lid and continue to simmer for 15-20 minutes to reduce the liquid. Prior to serving, remove from heat, stir through the yoghurt.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice and pappadams
- 1 kg Beef Chuck Steak, cut into 1.5cm strips
- 150g Pancetta, diced (or bacon pieces)
- 2 young leeks, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, finely chopped
- Lightly toss beef strips in plain flour, shake off any excess.
- Heat _ tablespoon olive oil in a large heavy based saucepan over medium heat, add beef pieces and cook until browned on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add another _ tablespoon of olive oil and cook the pancetta, leeks, garlic and mushrooms until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Add stock and wine to the same saucepan, bring to simmering point, stirring well to dislodge any cooked ingredients on the bottom of the pan, add in the browned beef pieces and cook covered for 30-45 minutes or until tender.
- Add in the cooked pancetta, leek, garlic and mushroom; stir to combine for 5-10 minutes. Then add in the cream and freshly chopped herbs.
- Continue to simmer for another 5-10 minutes of until the liquid reduces and starts to thicken.
- Serve with fluffy mashed potato or steamed white rice.
- 700g beef mince
- 2 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, rind removed & chopped
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic and bacon for 5 minutes or until soft. Then set aside to cool completley.
- Add the mince, tomatoa paste, worcestershire sauce, parsley, egg and 2 cups of the breadcrumbs.
- Mix until well combined and season to taste.
- Place meatloaf in a narrow shaped baking dish. Combine the remaining breadcrumsb and cheese. press onto the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until firm to touch.